Recent filings, notices, and hearings of interest to Hollywood residents:
Planning Entitlement Applications (6/20/10 - 7/17/10)
5800 West Sunset Boulevard- [CPC-2010-1767-CU-GB]
- Project: Development of a 13-story office building, a 5-story office building, and a 7-story parking structure.
- Comments: 5800 West Sunset Boulevard is, of course, the home of the Sunset Bronson Studios and KTLA Studios.
1619 North Cherokee Avenue- [CPC-2010-1945-HD-SPR]
- Project: Development of a new, 66 unit, affordable housing project and associated parking. Project will require a height district change from 1XL to 2D and Site Plan Review. Project is located in the PF (Public Facilities Zone).
- Comments: This site is owned by LAUSD and is currently used as a parking lot for Selma Avenue Elementary School.
3712 West Evans Street- [ZA-2010-1840-CUW]
Project: Proposed Wireless Telecommunications facility.
Upcoming City Planning Department Public Hearings
1235 North Vine Street - [ZA-2009-2365-CUB-CUX]
- Date: Monday, August 2nd, 2010 at 2:30 PM.
- Project: An existing bar and lounge that will include the sale of alcoholic beverages for on-site consumption.
- Request: A Conditional Use Permit to permit the sale and dispensing of a full line of alcoholic beverages for on-site consumption, in conjunction with an existing 2,044 square-foot bar. The existing bar accommodates 77 patrons, with public dancing, and has hours of operation from 12PM to 2AM. The project also proposed a 143 square-foot outdoor smoking patio in the adjacent public alleyway.
- Comments: This is the home of the Saint Hollywood, and was formally Vine Bar.
2547 North Hyperion Avenue - [ZA-2010-979-CUB-ZV]
- Date: Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 at 9:30AM.
- Project: A restaurant that will include the sale and dispensing of beer and wine and off-site parking.
- Requests: A Conditional Use to allow the sale and dispensing of beer and wine for on-site consumption, in conjunction with an existing 1,805 square-foot restaurant with a total of 119 seats with hours of operation from 11:00AM to 2:00AM daily. A Zone Variance to allow 20 off-site parking spaces (only one parking space is required for the proposed project) to be located off-site through a lease agreement, in lieu of a recorded covenant. The project site is located in the C4-1D Zone.
- Comments: This is the current home of the Speranza Restaurant, which is (was?) a BYO establishment (and had no corkage fee).
Environmental / CEQA Notices (6/24/10 - 7/22/10)
4376 West Sunset Boulevard - [ZA-2010-1204-CU]
- Project: A Mitigated Negative Declaration (.pdf) for a conditional use to permit tenant improvements involving a 120 square-foot building addition to accommodate a walk-in cooler, a change of signage, and the extension of hours of operation to 24 hours daily, for a new Del Taco Restaurant. These improvements are being made to an existing 1,617 square-foot drive-through fast-food restaurant -- formerly a Pioneer Chicken. The on-site will parking be re-striped to allow for five parking spaces from the four existing.
- Comments: With the Del Taco on Santa Monica and Highland closing soon, this will be the only Del Taco outlet in Hollywood. Don't know if it will attract the same crowd that the one on Santa Monica did, but that may be a good thing. The parking situation will be interesting. The Review / Comment period ended July 21, 2010.
1626-1628 North La Brea Avenue - [ZA-2010-1359-CUB-ZV]
- Project: A Mitigated Negative Declaration (.pdf) for a change of use of a ground-level tenant space from health club to restaurant. Conditional Use permit requests to allow the sale of a full line of alcoholic beverages as well as live entertainment in conjunction with a proposed 8,670 square-foot, 270-seat, restaurant with patio seating. Zone Variance to allow two pool tables and eight game machines in the C4-2D Zone.
- Comments: I wish the City could require the operators of the parking deck that this proposed restaurant will be housed in to spruce it up a bit. This building's facade is hideous. The Review / Comment period ended July 21, 2010.