Happy 4th of July! Below is a quick round-up of stories from 'round the web about events, activates, and firework shows happening in the LA area today.
- Headed to the Beach? Marina del Ray Patch has a list of events and celebrations happening along the coast, from Long Beach to the Westside.
- Just looking for firework shows? Laist has a guide to firework shows happening throughout Los Angeles.
- Willing to travel a little farther out to see fireworks? KPCC has compiled a list (and map) of 50 Places in across Southern California to see Independence Day Firework shows.
- Don’t feel like paying to see fireworks? Curbed LA has identified 12 alternative (aka free) spots to hole up and watch some of the above listed firework displays.
- Thinking of doing something stupid? LA Weekly has a list of announced LAPD DUI checkpoints for the holiday “weekend”, for those of you who like to know these things.
Also, a reminder that Hollywood’s popular Runyon Canyon Park (and the adjacent Garden Wattles Park) will close early today (at 5PM) due to the City’s concern of potential fire danger in the hillsides from illegal ad hoc firework displays.